After upgrading the OS on my 2008 MacBook Pro, it was struggling with today’s performance needs. The constant disk swapping because of insufficient RAM (2GB!) made the machine pretty unworkable; starting up or opening an app took several minutes, and for every mouse click or window switch there was a 20-30 freeze. Combining this with the fact that it did not have a battery nor a working DVD drive anymore, it unfortunately needed to be retired as my primary laptop. After some consideration, I decided to go for a brand spanking new Windows 10 machine instead, which can run everything robot that I used on my Mac. (Still no regrets after a couple of weeks of running with it).
…that this project is slowly coming back to life. And that there may be an autonomous exploration demo in the near future… stay tuned!